Sunday, October 21, 2012

The thing about living in a hostel is that you have to share. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I hate sharing. Sharing means socializing, and that's awesome. Its just that sometimes different people have different levels of sharing that they're comfortable with.

When I first moved in I bought a pot from Coles, just enough to prepare meals for 1 or 2. I wanted to use that for myself; the sharing one was really icky (and I mean really icky, it had rust on it). Then my friends wanted to borrow it - to reheat their soup, to warm milk, to boil tea. I thought: No harm, since they wash it before returning it to me. At first they were super polite about it, asking me first before they use it. Then we grew closer, and then they'd just tell me when they use it. Then eventually they don't even ask nor tell me - I'd find my pot missing from my ladder space, walk to the kitchen and find them using it. And when I ask for it, "Gimme half an hour, let me finish making this soup first". And when they're done, they leave it on the stove unwashed for me.

The pot was a anti-stick pot (note the past-tense), but when more and more people used it, the more battered it got. Some people used their silverware to stir their food in the pot, so over time my poor pot got little scratches over it, then eventually the anti-stick quality was gone. One day I took out my pot to discover the bottom of it was burned. One day I saw that someone broke the handle of the lid. Today, I couldn't find my pot at all. When I finally found it on the common shelf, it was lidless. The lid was gone. What. The. Frog.

What pissed me off the most was that, when I first bought the pot, I asked my friends whether they wanna share the pot or not. If they think they wanna use it, then we'll split the price of the pot (fair right?). But they said no, they don't think they'll be using it a lot. What. The. Frog.

Okay enough ranting. I gotta go study for my finals. 40 days till I fly home! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy kthxbai!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Penang, Malaysia
Malaysian in Melbourne. Suffering from homesickness, extreme bitchiness, and the chronic disease of procrastination. Wanderlust-er in a love-hate relationship with chocolate. A petite little piece of shit. Confidence fluctuates at the most horrendous timings. Living this thing called life and trying to get my thigh gap back.

Followers

Blahs.