Monday, May 26, 2008

Graduation

First half of the day was nothing special. I woke up really late cause we slept really late the night before discussing our hopes and dreams and something we wanna do before we die, etc. etc. I went to the kitchen and I was surprised Kakak didn't serve breakfast. Here it's the 'you don't eat breakfast you don't step out of the house' rule. Hmm, seems like everyone didn't really like the rule, because no one ate breakfast that morning.

Then it's watch TV, walk around the house, going online, walk around the house, bathe, check Friendster, search for songs, watch TV, walk around the house again... ... (you know the house is so big, you walk around it and go into every room,every corner, it takes you around 10 minutes?) When AiJuin came home, I bathe again and Sue Ching and AiJuin drew my face up like a doll. I felt like a mannequin. So then we're off to my brother's graduation!

I think I was the only one alone in the whole room. Everyone went with a partner. Or a family member, that wasn't the graduates themselves, of course. I choose a seat near the back and feeling retarded, just sitting there by myself. So I just pretend to read the programme manual. And to top it all, my brother took no notice of me. not even when I called out to him. And the Korean lady that sat beside me kept looking at me, it made me feel so uncomfortable.

So anyway, after the ceromony there was the buffet dinner. But I felt retarded, like I said, I just don't feel like myself there. And furthermore, I have no idea where to sit. So I hid myself in the bathroom and listen to the female graduate moan about their makeup, and I think one of them was talking about her boyfriend. I sat there alone until I was almost bored to death, then I went out and pretend to walk around, looking at the banners.

That's when my brother has finally remembered that I'm there as well, and came looking for me. He introduced me to some of his friends, who were all very nice. There was one guy called Matthew and I think he thought we were a couple. So anyway, just as I was actually starting to enjoy myself(because someone has actually took notice of me), AiJuin came, so I went home, rubbed off my makeup, changed into my pajamas with nothing underneath, walking barefooted instead of really high and spiky high-heels, cooked myself a big bowl of Maggi Mee with veges and egg, and I sat crossed-legged on the chair, and wash down my Maggi with a big glass of orange juice. Ahhh... ... Now this was more like it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Penang, Malaysia
Malaysian in Melbourne. Suffering from homesickness, extreme bitchiness, and the chronic disease of procrastination. Wanderlust-er in a love-hate relationship with chocolate. A petite little piece of shit. Confidence fluctuates at the most horrendous timings. Living this thing called life and trying to get my thigh gap back.

Followers

Blahs.