Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Oh the guilt!

A relative of my dad's visited Penang, so my dad took us all out for breakfast just now. It was the usual chat/small talk in the car. As any other 17 year old, as soon as the other party got to know that you're in your last year of high school, they drill you with what you want to do with your future, interrogate you on where you wanna further your study. On times like these, I normally just shrug away the question and never joining in the conversation again. But on the car I could see that there was no way out, so I told the truth: 'I'm thinking of Psychology'.

It just suddenly occurred to me that I never talked to my father to what I might wanna do in my tertiary studies; I never dropped a single hint, knowing that if I did I would never get the end of it. It's just a little mean, for him to find out what his daughter want to study through a conversation that did not include him.

JY

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Penang, Malaysia
Malaysian in Melbourne. Suffering from homesickness, extreme bitchiness, and the chronic disease of procrastination. Wanderlust-er in a love-hate relationship with chocolate. A petite little piece of shit. Confidence fluctuates at the most horrendous timings. Living this thing called life and trying to get my thigh gap back.

Followers

Blahs.