Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wrote this (what do you call this? A verse?) in class, within 5 minutes. It's like a sudden inspiration. No edit, no looking at it for an hour thinking how to perfect it. This is the first draft. But I'm really ashamed of my lit/verse drafts, so I'm posting them here:

I am all grown up
Please respect my choices
And I will respect yours

I can think maturely now
Please let me make decisions
And you'll find I make them well

I am a big girl now
Please let me make my own arrangements
You'll realize I am able to solve problems

I appreciate your care and concern
Please let go of me now
And you'll see I can take care of myself

I know you love me, oh so much
but
Please dont suffocate me with it
Or I will shrink further away

JY
Mother.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Penang, Malaysia
Malaysian in Melbourne. Suffering from homesickness, extreme bitchiness, and the chronic disease of procrastination. Wanderlust-er in a love-hate relationship with chocolate. A petite little piece of shit. Confidence fluctuates at the most horrendous timings. Living this thing called life and trying to get my thigh gap back.

Followers

Blahs.